Arriving September 28th (for NA) and September 29th (for everyone else), patch 5.12 is here with a number of changes, but not the Japanese destroyers nor the British cruisers; those are hopefully due out next month if everything goes well. Here’s a summary of what is in the patch, though:
- You now receive credits and XP for spotting ships and aircraft, for the damage allies do to the enemies you spot, and for blocking damage with your armour.
- Ship repair costs have been drastically changed, and now are fixed rather than being scaled based on damage taken. Overall, repair costs are now lower for all ships, especially aircraft carriers and all high-tier ships.
- Aircraft carriers now get more credits/XP for shooting down enemy aircraft.
- If you do nothing in a battle (ie. botting/AFK) you get no credits or XP at all.
- New sound and voiceovers!
- Cruisers and destroyers of tier 8 and up have access to the Steering Gears Modification 3 upgrade, reducing rudder shift time.
- New map, “Shards,” for tiers 7-10.
- Various other balance and interface changes, and so on.
The full notes can be found at the source below. Enjoy!
I’ve been away from home lately, haven’t been able to update the site at all, but here’s something from a few days ago: an interview with the Wargaming Global Publishing Producer, asking some questions about future stuff for WoWs. On reddit, godzilla5549 has transcribed the video, which I’ll share here:
- Kitakami will make an appearance in the future at some point. Only available for high skilled players as a reward (or something else). Will never be on sale.
- “Going back to the drawing board” for Ranked and Team Battles
- Team Battles will be redone more extensively – “Likely not to be finished until the end of the year”
- They are happy with experimenting with different settings each Ranked Season to find what is the best choice for each region
- “Pretty significant differences between regions” in terms of what they like for Ranked Battles
- “Too many redesigns too many times means that we don’t know what we are doing and should just scrap the mode”
- On the method of releasing major patches – “We have one deployment team and 5 servers. We have to do them one by one.”
Continue reading “Talkin’ Ship Global Publishing Producer Interview”
On the EU forums, Babykim has translated a video done by the Russian YouTuber getfun that involves the new version of the British cruisers, since they were changed from DD-like ships with smoke and good HE shells. Let’s just say that not everyone’s going to be happy with this, not at all.
The new RN cruisers:
All cruisers, except tier 5, have AP only.
(nerf) Their alpha damage is lowered initially 3200, to
1400 till tier 4
1500 on tiers 5 to 8
1600 on tier 9 to 10.
(buff) When a RN cruiser AP shell hits anywhere except the citadel, its damage will be 1/2, instead of the usual 1/6.
(nerf) There will be no smoke consumable.
(buff) The will be an improved Engine Boost, that increases the speed by 15 percent, instead of the usual 8 [0.8%, perhaps?] percent. The improved boost takes the fighter slot. This allows simultaneously taking Damage Control Party, Hydroacoustic Search and the (improved) Engine Boost consumables.
There is still no Defensive AA Fire consumable.
Continue reading “Russian Video Translation”
It’s not much of a huge reveal, but WG has released more info on the upcoming Japanese destroyers; it looks like they’re definitely going to be here sooner than the British cruiser line.
At the link below are some short but nice videos of the new destroyers. If we’re lucky, they’ll be here in the next patch!
A video, following on from the recent Q&A done by Quemapueblos on Reddit, has revealed yet more interesting info. This comes from Wargaming Global Producer, Arthur, and it’s worth watching the video itself if you’ve got time; regardless, here’s a summary of the major points thanks to Reddit user godzilla5549:
- Premium ships are not strictly balanced as “weaker” or “stronger” than their tech tree counterparts. Premium ships are meant to be valuable to those who buy them, so they should be able to “perform.”
- British Royal Navy Light Cruisers will go into public testing soon, with a planned release by the end of September or early October.
- Royal Navy Cruisers will typically be fast, have good concealment, and have lots of dual purpose artillery (good AA).
- The ability to single fire torpedoes out of launchers is being tested alongside the release of Royal Navy Cruisers, as that was part of the naval doctrine. At the start, this will only be available on Royal Navy cruisers.
- If the ability to single fire torpedoes “improves torpedo gameplay for British cruisers so much,” then it could be expanded and given to all ships.
- Arthur (Global Publishing Producer) himself is “scared” of how single fire torpedoes would work on destroyers.
- They are not happy with the dynamics of Tier X gameplay.
- Arthur commenting on Bastion: “I am not a big fan of Bastion as it currently looks. I think it needs a lot more polishing.” Talk of more environmental changes (other than just “something that spots you and something that shoots you”). “More interactions.” Talk of “captureable airbases.”
- When Bastion is made better, it could possibly be made to appear more often. Possibility to be made as a “separate choice” but Arthur does not like having that as an option.
Continue reading “New Information From WGNA”
Carnotzet and Babykim on the EU forums have translated a bit of information, mostly about stuff planned for the future. Actually pretty interesting, I’d say, though the part about Soviet battleships won’t make many people happy.
According to this post, Soviet battleships are planned to be added next year.
Now, we don’t know if it concerns a full branch or only a few premium ships (even if the formulation seems to point at the former).
[C: Please be cautious when taking this information for granted since plans can always be altered. It is but one statement made by one developer and is not to be taken as an official announcement. I know how plans for new branches can get people all worked up (especially when the new branch happens to be a Soviet one) so please don’t jump the gun and start a flame war for nothing. Besides, we have no information on the other branches WG is planning to release next year. Thank you.]
Babykim getfun video summary:
1). IJN Zao, which is known to have better average stats than all other tier X cruisers, will not be nerfed. The other cruisers will be somewhat buffed instead.
2). When a new US cruiser branch is released, USS Cleveland will be moved to a higher tier, whereas USS Baltimore might be moved to a lower tier. When all this will happen is unknown.
3). IJN Kitakami is not considered as an award for ranked battles. The developers are still thinking what to do with it. It might appear at the end of the year.
4). The 17th of September is the birthday of World of Warships. The developers will try their best to please the players, especially the veterans.
Sources: EU Forums Info thread, RU Forums Dev post, Getfun video
Coming to NA tomorrow, July 27th! And to EU on the 28th. This isn’t as big of a patch as it could be, considering that the Co-Op Assault mode isn’t being added, but there are lots of smaller changes to balance and such; I suppose it’s important to focus on these things for a bit instead of continuously adding new features.
The improved smokescreen mechanics and division voice chat are nice, though. And I’m happy the Atlanta is getting radar; that should be plenty of fun.
You can find the full patch notes at the link below, or you can watch the video above for an abridged take on them.The map changes remind me: I really need to update the Maps section of the site! I’ll see if I can fit in some time to do that tomorrow before work.