Arriving September 28th (for NA) and September 29th (for everyone else), patch 5.12 is here with a number of changes, but not the Japanese destroyers nor the British cruisers; those are hopefully due out next month if everything goes well. Here’s a summary of what is in the patch, though:
- You now receive credits and XP for spotting ships and aircraft, for the damage allies do to the enemies you spot, and for blocking damage with your armour.
- Ship repair costs have been drastically changed, and now are fixed rather than being scaled based on damage taken. Overall, repair costs are now lower for all ships, especially aircraft carriers and all high-tier ships.
- Aircraft carriers now get more credits/XP for shooting down enemy aircraft.
- If you do nothing in a battle (ie. botting/AFK) you get no credits or XP at all.
- New sound and voiceovers!
- Cruisers and destroyers of tier 8 and up have access to the Steering Gears Modification 3 upgrade, reducing rudder shift time.
- New map, “Shards,” for tiers 7-10.
- Various other balance and interface changes, and so on.
The full notes can be found at the source below. Enjoy!