A post by Ph3lan on the EU Forums has outlined some changes coming to the public test (and probably live release) of patch 5.12, and it’s quite important. Here’s a quick summary, followed by the full quote:
- Battleship bow armour and destroyer hull armour changes have been cancelled.
- Tier 8-10 Cruisers will still get the new steering modification, and now tier 8-10 destroyers will get it as well.
- Repair fees based on damage taken are being replaced by a fixed cost, hoped to reduce operating costs of tier 10 ships by about 50,000 credits.
Please, be informed that based on the interim results of the public test of the 0.5.12 Update, we revised a number of previously announced changes
- All changes to the hull plating thickness, including the plating of battleships and destroyers, are cancelled. We analyzed statistics and feedback for this change and saw that it didn’t fully meet the objectives. Adjustments to the balance of the individual classes and tiers will continue to be necessary, but, thanks to the information obtained from the general test, we will be able to find a more accurate and effective solution and show it to you in one of the following versions;
- New modernization for the VIII-X tier cruisers “Steering Gear Modification 3” will remain, and will be added to the game. It brings more diversity to the high-level cruisers gameplay, while providing an alternative to the configuration with maximum stealth. This has a positive effect on the game as a whole. Beyond that, we have decided to give the same modernization to all VIII-X tier destroyers. For them, the choice between accelerated rudder shift and invisibility will be even more interesting. At the same time, we eliminate the illogical situation where the rudder shift speed for cruisers rudders may exceed the rudder shift speed for destroyers;
- Other balance changes and fixes are presently found to be effective, and they remain in force.
Economic changes announced in the development bulletin will be included in full. However, in addition, an experimental system for calculating the costs per battle was implemented. The biggest part of the costs is ship’s repairs. Its influence was growing more and more with the rise of the tier. As a result, at tier X, the economy forced the players to behave with maximum caution, which negatively affected the dynamics of the battle. After all, even with significant combat success, a complete destruction of the ship led to a huge repair bill that could completely neutralize the profits. We decided to change this situation and make the following changes:
- The fee for the ship repair is now completely replaced by a fixed service charge. This means that the cost will not depend on how much damage a player has received. Moreover, we have reduced the cost of replenishing the ammunition (or air group) for a number of ships. The positive effect of the changes will increase with increasing tiers of the ships. This means that the players may try a more aggressive and risky playing style. The “to play with maximum efficiency at any cost, even being destroyed in battle” tactic will be an alternative to the “to play as carefully as possible so as not to come out of the battle with negative balance because of the repair costs” tactic. For example, the change will reduce the spending of tier X ships by an average of 50 000 credits and reduce the number of situations where you can go into negative with a premium account, having played effectively. We want to free the gameplay from the “not-gaming” question of “how much I will lose if dare to attack?”
Source: EU Forums Staff Post