Patch 5.7 is still fresh, and now we’ve got patch 5.8 on the horizon already! I really didn’t expect it this early, honestly, but it certainly isn’t a bad thing – though if you were looking forward to any real hint of German battleships, you won’t find anything in the patch notes. I suppose that’ll just have to wait for a bit later, won’t it?
You can view the full patch notes below, but here’s my quick rundown:
- New “Bastion” game mode, involving forts that played can capture that give bonuses such as line of sight and artillery/AA support. Not a PvE game mode, as suspected.
- Two new maps for tiers 7-10: “Sea of Fortune” and “Loop.”
- Improved armour models for cruisers.
- Completely new matchmaker which promises to be honest and fair, and is entirely revamped from the original one we have now. Looks pretty good.
- New, details battle ribbons for main gun hits, non-penetrations, secondary battery hits, etc., as well as an in-battle damage counter.
- Situational Awareness is fixed, and now always tells you if you’re spotted.
- National voices for commanders.