Carnotzet and Babykim have both brought us news from the Russian side of the community, with a short Q&A and a getfun digest video thing. It seems there’s a new port incoming!
I honestly have no idea what location it’s supposed to represent, but it looks like it could, perhaps, be Wilhelmshaven and the Jade, in Germany. That’s just my wild guess, though, partly based on the upcoming German battleships.
1. Me and a BB were fighting a DD up close and my secondary guns hit the friendly BB, which caused me to turn pink. Do you plan to fix this issue ?
A. We consider these situations unjust as well. Thus, it is likely we will remove friendly fire from secondaries altogether in 0.5.9 or 0.5.10.
2. I have a question regarding the latest changes to detection and SA. According to official info and to the circles on the minimap, the penalty appears and disappears immediately if at that moment nobody spotted you. But people noticed there is a certain delay. If, as a DD, I fire at a cruiser, get spotted (SA icon appearing) and within a second hide behind an island, the penalty disappears. On the other hand, If I remained spotted slightly longer, the penalty wouldn’t disappear. Is it a bug or a feature ?
A. In the current spotting system, you remain visible 3 seconds after you have left the line of sights of all enemies. In 0.5.8, SA will take this in consideration. In 0.5.9, we plan to get rid of this delay, along with adding improvements to the way smoke screen work.
3. Please explain how fighter squadrons ammo (loadout in game), dps and ammo consumption are linked together ?
A. The loadout value is in fact indicated by how many seconds the squadron can fight before running out of ammo. Strafing consumes ammo faster (generally, two strafes completely deplete ammo). The loadout varies for each aircraft.
4. Why don’t CV’s have special perks like other classes do (defensive fire, smoke, etc.) ? And the defensive fire consumable you gave them doesn’t really count, or did you add it for this specific reason ?
A. CV’s have a unique gameplay. It doesn’t mean we will not make any changes to it, including adding a special perk.
1. New port has been unpacked from the 0.5.7 client. A map (top view) of the port can be seen at 0.49.
2. The USS Flint characteristics have been unpacked from the 0.5.7 client. She has two turrets less than USS Atlanta. But even better AA at the close range (slightly worse at the long range). The reason being the higher caliber of the Bofors 40mm guns installed on the USS Flint. Most importantly, the USS Flint has better torpedoes (Mahan torpedoes) and smoke.
3. On 22.06 there was a very short-lived announcement (on a Spanish forum, ours?) of a new game mode with forts (bastion) in the public test of 0.5.8. A similar message shortly appeared on the Russian forum. Both were deleted as soon as possible. SubOctavian told the community to chill and wait for the announcement of the public test, without denying the statement.