Some more from Carnotzet today! Also some things that Babykim managed to round up, which, I’ll admit, is probably my favourite part: we’ve got semi-news about upcoming tech trees, including German battleships. Wunderbar!
1. Why can’t Tachibana’s third gun rotate all the way around? This issue also concerns several other ships. Fixing this would help them a lot in certain situations.
A. Certain ships turrets cannot rotate all the way around because of technical limitations (by technical, I mean in real life, they couldn’t rotate all the way) but it very well may have been an oversight on our end. We will look into this issue regarding Tachibana and other ships. We will then decide what to do.
2. With AA defense being improved on a lot of ships, why Arkansas wasn’t changed?
A. We don’t plan to change Arkansas in the near future. Firstly, her AA setup (or rather lack thereof) reflects her historical setup (very early on), secondly, she has a lot more upgrade slots, which balances out this drawback.
3. Do you plan to add some form of punishment to players who misuse the report feature?
A. No, we currently don’t have any plans in that regard.
4. It happens sometimes that secondaries guns fire at allied ships and because of that, we can turn pink without having any control on how those guns fire. Do you plan to do anything regarding this issue?
A. We already received several reports on this issue. We will look into it and make a decision after that.
5. Why don’t you want to color shell types with different colors? Certain mods already do this. I consider seeing what type of shells are fired on me quite important.
A. It should be possible to implement that. We will develop such feature.
6. High tier US BB’s accuracy seems to be the same as before. Actually the dispersion value hasn’t changed. Is it normal ?
A. Accuracy is not only tied to size of the dispersion ellipse, but it can also be improved by tweaking the distribution of shells inside the ellipse.
1. Why did you nerf Concealment Expert? Why not add in the description that it affects all kind of concealment modifiers, including the penalty for firing? Why have you decided to nerf so many ships, including premium ships?
A. We don’t think this change is a nerf to any ship, including premium ships. We simply improved the game logic and, for that matter, this change slightly reduced the ability of certain ships to stealth fire.
I noticed that widespread use of this tactic is not very well received by most players. Concealment should first and foremost be used to move under cover and not attack other players without being seen.
On the other hand, we think this tactic is a valid one and, as you should be aware of, we haven’t made any changes to the penalty for firing, so ships that could stealth fire still retain their buffer zone. It’s just that it was slightly reduced. Concealment expert is still very useful as it reduces the detection range (which was always written in the description).
[The following question includes technical aspects I am not familiar with. That is why the terms used may very well be incorrect. I apologize for this.]
2. If I understand correctly, water physics aren’t implemented in the game, correct? Could you please explain how water works in game (technically speaking)?
A. Fully modeled water physics aren’t implemented. The map base is modeled and drawn with offline tools, and then we add in real time a dynamic sea on top of it. We start by adding wind formed and deformation waves (also those created by guns shockwave), and then, with the resulting waves, we create geometry, the polygon mesh. Finally, we do the shading (reflection, refraction, light attenuation effects, subsurface scattering, shadows, fog).
3. Have you considered adding maps shared with other WG projects, such as the El Halluf map, which can be found in both WoT and WoWp?
A. We currently don’t plan to do that but we’ve already thought about it.
4. What fait awaits Cleveland? What changes can we expect? Will she be transferred into another branch?
A. For a long time, we considered putting her on a higher tier by giving her some improvements. However, at the current moment, this question is postponed indefinitely. You should not expect any changes regarding this ship in the short or medium term.
Babykim, on the recent getfun video:
He talks about the end of team battles season on June 1st and the start of the ranked battles soon. Ranked battles and team battles will not be on at the same time.
1. The guy (on the RU forum?) who discovered that the 5th level Concealment perk now does not apply to gunfire, AA and fires received the USS Texas as a gift. This information was missing in the 0.5.6 patch notes.
2. The developers claim that boting is not as widely spread as players tend to believe. After having analyzed player behavior and bot complains they say that most reported bots are actually (talented) humans.
3. Finally, 18 notorious AFK players from the RU server got a two week ban.
And some things from JamesWhite regarding future plans:
On Saturday, developer JamesWhite appeared on Wargaming FM, where he said among other things:
1. The development of the next tree (German battleships ?) is nearing completion. The modeling of a second tree (British cruisers ?) has been finished and the models are being tuned. The modeling a third tree has begun. The release of the third tree is planned for december, but may be postponed by 1-2 months.
2. The next nation represented in the game will be very unexpected, but definitely not the Italians, on which no work except collecting preliminary material has been done.
3. A premium German battleships of tier 4 is ready. How and when it will be made available is yet unclear.
4. The premium battleship USS Arizona will appear soon.
5. The cruiser IJN Katori will be distributed in partner bundles (Italeri).
6. There will be a German premium ship of tier 6.
7. There will be a French or an Italian premium ship this year.
8. The cruiser IJN Tone will probably not appear this year, and the game mechanics of its plane squadron is not decided.
9. The cruiser USS Salt Lake City (a Pensacola with torpedoes) has not been planed, the ship is not ready.
10. The destroyer USS Sims (open beta tier 7 ship) will be back on sales.
11. The will be no unique Japanese premium battleships or cruisers of tier 5-7 this year, but sister ships may appear.
12. The Russian cruiser Red Krimea will be distributed via a new Project R, which is planned for the second half of June.
The third planned tree for this year is most likely going to be the German destroyer line. I really hope to see the French/Italian premium, though!
Oh, and a note on the “unexpected” nation – this doesn’t mean the next full tree, but instead is most likely referring to a special premium like the Pan-Asian ships or the Blyskawica. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Indonesian, actually; the KRI Irian was a Sverdlov-class cruiser, same as the in-game Mikhail Kutuzov. Or it could be Thai, even, since they had a loaned R-class destroyer, HTMS Phra Ruang.