Thanks to Carnotzet, Babykim, and Takeda92 for translating and finding some information from various sources for us! This time, there’s quite a lot of good stuff – one of the biggest is that, yes, there will be more skill points available for captains, with captains getting some kind of redesign in the future. Looking forward to that!
1. Thank you for adding AA guns on top of main turrets. However, do you plan to do the same with catapults? For example, Texas seems to be missing her main turret catapult.
A. They will be added, but much later.
2. If I understood it correctly, detonation ribbons are given to the victim as a consolation prize. Correct?
On another topic, how are credits/xp calculated when detonating another player? We know that received credits/xp are equal to the percentage of hit points we inflicted to ennemy ships (in addition to ships destroyed). So, how does that work for detonations?For example, if I inflict 20% of a ship’s health in damage before detonating it, does it mean I am rewarded only for those 20%?
A. Correct. Regarding xp/credits rewards, all damage inflicted is taken into account. In other words, you will be rewarded for having inflicted 100% of the damage – 20% from normal damage and 80% from detonation.
3. In patch 0.5.6., you’re adding AA guns on top of the main batteries of many ships. However, it seems that Imperator Nikolai hasn’t received the same treatment. Why is that?
A. Her new hull is in development. However, even if she will have AA guns on top of her turrets, it doesn’t mean they will have much effect on her AA defense. This ship is already performing very well. We don’t want to make it better.
4. From tier 5 onward, US DD’s are all equipped with dual purpose main guns. However, on the ships characteristics page, main and AA guns seem to have different names. As you can see on the screenshot below, main guns are 38mk21 mod.0 and AA guns are 38Mk21 mod.1, except for the Lo Yang, which has the same gun for both functions. Is it a bug?
A. There’s a mistake in the text. From a gameplay standpoint, those guns are working as intended.
5. Would you consider selling additional captain skills (after the 18th point) for silvers or doubloons, similarly to port slots?
A. No, we don’t plan to sell skill points.
6. There was a leak about gifting Mikasa to the players who have unlocked all the IJN ships at the end of the year, is it true? If so, does it mean tier 10 ships must be purchased or only researched? And must tier 10 upgrades be unlocked as well?
A. If I recall correctly, this information leaked from JamesWhite who said we may give such gift. We currently don’t have any more information on this topic. The matter is still being debated.
From the two recent videos by getfun:
He talks about brown players having been sighted on the RU server.
The only new information pertains to the possible awards for the forthcoming ranked games seasons, which have been recovered from the client. These include flags, sets of flags and, for the first time, amounts of doubloons. The developers have not countered the rumor, but said that additions to the client may or may not be activated in future.
A developer WellDone gave an interview on a fan cite, in which he mentioned many interesting technical details about the game. Note that the majority of these has been voiced by other developers before.
1. Resolution of penetrations is currently done server side. They are working on a client-based solution for resolving damage.
2. They don’t plan to add aiming bloom that would increase accuracy when continuously holding aim on target as in tanks. They are, however, discussing dynamic accuracy concepts for battleships.
3. They are thinking of new randomization concepts for penetrations, fires and AA plane kills.
4. The nerf of Japanese destroyers has had a positive effect on gameplay.
5. In the near future the developers will be focusing on improving higher tiers gameplay. Considerable repair cost reductions are very likely.
6. The introduction of premium (gold) ammunition such as in tanks is very unlikely.
7. The Imperator Nikolai will never come back due to being over powered. They are also reluctant to reintroduce the Kitakami. The most successful premium ship in terms of the balance is the Tirpitz, which can show good results even in the hands of novice players.
8. The issue of an equipment stash is still open.
9. A redesign of captains is forthcoming. There will be progress beyond the 19th skill point.
10. The issue of fail divisions is being looked in. A solution for higher tiers may be coming soon.
11. The new match-making engine is almost finished. No details.
12. Future ranked battles will have better match-making, voice over facility and specific achievements.
It takes approximately 3-4 teamkilled planes to get the teamkiller status (they mean when you strafe fighters and kill you teammate’s planes). Apparently, many players are not happy about this change.