A bit of new stuff to catch up on. I’m afraid it’s not as spectacular as the last one, but as usual, Carnotzet has translated what’s available from the Russian side. The first one’s a bit on the wordy side, but enjoy!
Q. I know you don’t like unofficial resources, but i have noticed that, during last week, Gearing has lost 5-8% [I suppose he talks about win rate] and that is after the buff to turrets survivability.
Her average damage is on par with Omaha’s and Cleveland’s even though HP pools are a lot bigger at high tier.
I concede that this ship is amazing at capturing zones and fighting against IJN DD’s but it is lackluster at dealing damage.
Moreover, a AA focused DD isn’t good at AA. Even under defensive fire, tier 8 planes can come to you and crit every module and start at least two fires. Will this be fixed?
And will you do something to improve Gearing damage capabilities since it’s the lowest among all tier 10 ships?
A. Gearing is a good, multipurpose ship and she doesn’t need major improvements for now. If you’re interested to know, currently, her win rate is 51.1% (on the RU cluster). Her average damage (by the way, your comparison with tier 6 cruisers is incorrect since we don’t think the highest average damage should necessarily be at tier 10) is slightly behind Khabarovsk and ahead of Shimakaze by far. Regarding AA, DD which are focused on AA should not kill planes as fast as cruisers. Their task is to draw enemy planes to them and mess up with their accuracy with defensive fire. Regarding the damage she receives from CV’s in regards to total damage received, 5.7% comes from bombs, 3.7% from torpedoes and 4.3% from fires. Do you consider this is a lot?
- no plans to change Warspite in 0.5.6. or 0.5.7.
- Atlanta is getting buffed (no release date). She won’t get better torpedoes since it would encourage players to get closer and she’s already very fragile as it is.
- Not all changes appear in the PT patch notes.
- Regarding the previously planned changes to deal with the torpedo soup, they won’t be introduced since the number of DD’s at high tier has decreased, as well as the damage received by BB’s from DD’s (also at high tier). They will now look into more lenient ways to deal with this matter. They are aware that the situation is still not ideal.
- Even though most players play at tier 5-6, they will continue to improve high tier gameplay (and not only by adding new maps).
- The minimap settings are only available in battle since it’s more convenient to be able to change what you want to see directly in battle rather than go into the settings by pressing [Esc]. Moreover, minimap settings are saved from one battle to another.
- There won’t be a free respec for high tier IJN DD’s captains since they won’t implement the “horrible” changes they planned to. Statistics and player feedback show that the changes needed to deal with the issue (torpedo soup) must come in another form.
- New hulls will only be provided (free of charge) if the player own the ship. If he doesn’t own it but has researched the previous hull, the new hull will only be researched and the player will have to buy.
- New matchmaker is being developed and will be available in one of the next major updates.
1. Taiho’s stock and upgraded bombers have the same name (Aichi B7A2) but their characteristics are different. Is it a bug or is it intended?
A. Yes it is intended. Different “entities” for different balancing parameters.
2.a. What punishment does a players get for being reported as “bot” or “playing badly”?
A. Both of these reports are only for analytical purpose. The first one is for data about bots, the second for data about the necessity to have better learning processes. There are no penalties associated with both of these reports.
2.b. In what cases should we report a player for “playing badly”?
A. When a player disrupts the game for other players or when his actions seriously jeopardize his team.
3. When will we see armor visualisation added to the game?
A. I hope in 2016. There’s still some aspects of it we have to work on. We’re actively working on this feature.
4. Are mouse macros prohibited? Since, like it’s the case in some shooters, there are ways to compensate the recoil with mouse macros/parameters, it would give an unfair advantage to the users of such “mod”.
A. Mouse macros are not included in the list of prohibited mods. Fortunately, you don’t have to shoot directly from the guns themselves.
5. When I have the choice between modules for AA or secondary batteries survivability, which one does affect dual purpose guns?
A. AA module only improves AA guns survivability. Secondary guns modules improves secondary guns survivability and dual purpose (secondary – AA) guns.
6. Regarding Warspite, according to some documents, after her refit, her 381mm guns could fire “super charged shells” weighting 879kg and having an initial velocity of 803m/s with a 30km range. In game, her initial shell velocity is 732m/s (it’s possible this is due to heavier shells) even though it was 747m/s for 871kg shells.
Similarly to Molotov, could you give Warspite super charged shells that would have a higher initial velocity (803m/s) and a 18km range?
A. In game, Warspite is equipped with standard shells. Moreover:
We don’t plan to improve Warpsite’s shells characteristics.
7. It seems AFT isn’t working on Novik. She’s equipped with 120mm guns and with the skill, he range should be 12.1 km, but it remains at 10.1. Why is that?
A. I just checked. Unfortunately, on this ship, ballistics don’t allow for longer firing range. Currently, this situation isn’t obvious and affects a couple of ships. We will look into fixing this issue.
1. Will you allow players to buy more than one set of signals at a time? I had once my card blocked for performing too many transactions in a short time.
A. No, and we don’t plan to sell signals directly in the client either since currently, it seems to get disapproval from players.
2. Are Russian / Soviet BB’s planned to be released this year?
A. No, other branches are planned for this year.
3. What do you think about adding USS Worcester and USS Alaska into the game?
A. Worcester is already modeled and fitted, she’s basically done. Her function is however debatable.
We don’t plan to work on Alaska in the near future.
4. Chapayev seems to be a bit weak (in particular damage wise) in comparison to her counterparts. Could you give us her average damage compared to Hipper’s?
A. I looked at the RU server statistics from the last three days. Chapayev does on average about 5500 more damage. Generally speaking, damage and win rate wise, Chapayev is ranked third among tier 8 cruisers (Atago, Hipper, Kutuzov, Mogami, New Orleans).
5. Why did you decide to buff high tier German cruisers HE damage? Their specialties are AP shells and good shell arcs.
A. Because we wanted them to be slightly more effective when fighting DD’s.
6. Do you plan on buffing 155m Mogami (turret traverse, firing range)?
Do you plan to give Kongo her AA hull ?
A. No, and no.
7. Hindenburg seems to get her engines knocked out by cruiser caliber HE shells. Is it normal?
A. We looked into this issue and it seems it’s not intended. We will improve her engines protection from splash damage so that 203mm HE shells won’t knock them out.
1. In the latest patch, new permanent camouflages were added to several ships, including Cleveland. Will you give players who already own a premium cammo on Cleveland the possibility to exchange it for the new, more recent one for free?
A. No, we won’t give free exchanges. It’s not really “more recent”, they are two different products.
2. I think that many players would like to see smoke screen boundaries. A dev mod already tried to do that but it’s not being updated frequently. Do you consider adding it directly into the client?
A. We’re considering adding a similar feature to the game client but I can’t share any details about it.
3. North Carolina and Iowa have the same dispersion and accuracy. However, NC’s shells seems to have better damage and penetration even though their flight time is 1 second longer. Shouldn’t going up tiers rewards players with better firepower capabilities?
A. Actually, the guns get better – they have better penetration and ballistics. Going up a tier often entails several characteristics being changed (not only guns). On many ships, the guns only change every 3-4 tiers. It’s totally normal.
Interesting that instead of saying the armour viewer will come in patch 5.7, Sub_Octavian is now saying it’ll arrive “hopefully” in 2016. Hopefully, this doesn’t mean there was a delay.
Though if they add anything else in 5.7, I’d like for it to be the aforementioned smoke circles in the UI, to be honest.