Carnotzet has translated the latest dev answers and posts from the RU forums, and while the Q&A isn’t as big this time as usual, it’s not bad. A few more silly questions, though.
1. Why is there so much difference between Moskva’s and Hindenburg’s medium range AA damage? 6×4 45mm give 123 dps and 8 single 55m give almost double dps, 224. And the range difference is huge as well (3.5km against 5km).
A. The Russian 45mm values are correctly calculated. The problem comes from the German guns. We will probably decrease their performance, the difference will thus be reduced.
2. Do you plan to release additional Soviet and German cruisers? I think that several World War I or even earlier cruisers are missing (Yorck, Scharnhorst, Askold).
A. We may add more. However, we’re not planning to add parallel branches in the near future.
3. Similarly to Torpedo Acceleration, do you plan to add a skill that would decrease torpedo speed in favour of range?
4. It seems that the report system is useless, do you even look at them?
When will you remove Tirpitz from sale, all the noobs are playing with her?
A. Reports aren’t useless. They’re very useful for us to fight bots. However, according to our experience, a lot of “bots” are just very bad players.
We won’t remove Tirpitz, Warspite and Blyskawica from sale anymore.
4. Does the matchmaker take into account players win rate before splitting them in teams?
5. With Gremyashchy being too powerful, would you consider adding another premium destroyer of the same class (Grom) with slightly weaker characteristics?
A. We’re not against adding several ships from a single class, but there’s already Anshan as a premium and Gnevny as standard. Adding another one would be too much. Moreover, we don’t (and didn’t) promise Gremyashchy wouldn’t be sold anymore (we said it will be exclusive to pre-orders for a year). We just don’t consider it a wise move.
6. Do you plan to add cruiser Irian as a premium Panasian ship?
Do you plan to add more Polish ships?
A. Not at the moment.
Not at the moment.
7. When do you plan to fix the matchmaking system?
A. I cannot give you a specific date but it’s one of our priorities.
8. Why Izumo’s middle turret doesn’t rotate all the way (360°)?
A. It’s a structural constraint.
9. Would you consider changing BB’s accuracy. At the moment, it seems that doing damage is mostly random.
A. I understand your concerns. BB’s guns are devastating (as they were in reality) and giving them higher accuracy will be catastrophic for the game (in terms of balance and dynamics). Moreover, even when taking into consideration the high dispersion on BB’s guns, the aforementioned situation is already happening in some cases (that BB guns are devastating). That doesn’t mean there’s no room for improvement. However, we currently have other critical issues we need to fix first.
10. Do you consider invis firing (with full stealth build) a problem since it gives the attacker a considerable advantage? (How is a Montana supposed to fight an invisible Gearing?)
A. We don’t think it’s a problem. It’s simply an option for certain ships and it’s hard to be put in practice.
(And how are BB’s supposed to fight IJN DD’s 1 on 1? It’s an unpleasant situation. But if, as a BB, you ended up 1 on 1 with a DD, something went wrong somewhere else.)
So… RU gets Tirpitz, Warspite, and Blyskawica, permanently. Sounds perfectly fair to the other servers’ premium shops, right? Hah.
Also, if you’re wondering, the “Irian” ship that one RU question was on about was a Sverdlov-class, the same as Mikhail Kutuzov. She was sold to the Indonesians and renamed KRI Irian.