Patch 5.4.1 will be arriving tomorrow, and there’s a good few things coming along with it, notably the USN cruiser radar we’ve been waiting for, as well as a sonar buff that was cut just before 5.4 came out and now has been re-added. Seems like it passed testing, finally.
Here are the notes:
- The Captain and Goldfish have [REDACTED], be on the lookout for [REDACTED]!
- Russian cruisers Moskva and Dmitry Donskoy have been given the “Repair Party” consumable
- Central belt armor for Moskva now extends below the waterline
- Svetlana’s acceleration was improved (Dev Note: The maximum speed has not been changed, but Svetlana now has acceleration similar to ships of her tier)
- Saipan (not yet publicly available) received Douglas AD2 bombers in addition to F4U-4 fighters
- US bomber planes’ chances to start fires reduced. The 500 lb. ANM64 reduced by 10% and 1,000 lb. ANM65 reduced by 18% (Dev Note: The American HE shells caused fires in nearly all cases, it was simply too powerful. The chance is still high, but now there is a larger window to avoid being set ablaze)
- US cruisers gained the “Radar Surveillance” consumable at tiers VIII+ (for a comparison to Russian cruisers check the chart at the link below)
- Binocular view now features a longer horizontal sight leaf
- The battle timer was enlarged
- “Arpeggio” torpedo effects have been added to the client (“Arpeggio” events are not currently active for the North American region, but will continue at a future date)
- Four new camouflages were added to the client for a future in-game event in the North American region
- German cruisers: Ship detection for “Hydroacoustic Search” now begins at 4.98km at tier IV and gradually increases every tier to 5.88km at tier X; torpedo detection begins at 3.48km at tier IV and gradually increases every tier to 4.02km at tier X (see chart below)
- All other cruisers: Ship detection for “Hydroacoustic Search” now begins at 3.48km at tier IV and gradually increases every tier to 4.92km at tier X; torpedo detection begins at 2.52km at tier IV and gradually increases every tier to 3.42km at tier X (see chart at the link below)
An event for NA? Sounds nice, at least, though there’s the continued little notice there that eventually more Arpeggio missions will arrive – who knows when, though.
And, of course, USN cruisers getting radar, as we expected. I didn’t copy the tables showing the radar and sonar stats, so just check those out at the source link; it looks nicers there anyhow. Also a bit of a Moskva buff, USN bomber nerfs, and small changes all around. I’m looking forward to April Fool’s in a couple days, so hopefully it’s as good as last year!