Carnotzet is back with his translations, and the Russian devs have given some interesting answers regarding patch 5.4, clarifying some of the patch notes.
Thankfully, this one’s quite a bit shorter than the last few I’ve been posting!
- Regarding turret destruction (in particular to DD’s), devs don’t want to simply make them indestructible but prefer to find another solution to turret incapacitation. It won’t be added before 0.5.6. though.
- Kutuzov won’t be equipped with radar, her “speciality” is the smoke screen. She would be too strong with radar.
- Chapayev doesn’t have repair party, only Donskoy and Moskva.
- We won’t be given a free slot with the release of Ru/Soviet cruisers as one free slot is given for each nation, not for each line.
- The “Yubari” test ship is used to test maps in the training room. We can quickly sail around maps and fire at terrain from various angles, and test model collisions.
- Dual purpose secondary guns (NOT dual purpose main guns) will be destroyed less frequently.
- Teamkilling and Matchmaking problems are currently the top priority.
- Arpeggio events will continue on the RU-servers since the feedback was either neutral or good.[whether that means it will only continue there, I don’t know. Let the speculations begin!]
- The longer maintenance times (compared to WoT or WoWp) are due to the shortcomings of the client. They are testing a recompressing system on the ST, which should cut down maintenance time. If everything goes as planned, it should be available in 0.5.5.
- Various changes were made to Ru/Soviet cruisers since they were tested but they won’t disclose what was changed. So their final stats may be different that what was datamined and tested.
- With the change to AA manual targeting (1.1 to 1.3) the maximum modifier you can get is 7.8, instead of 6.6 before:
- –Manual targeting (1.3); captain skill (2.0); defensive fire (3.0). 1.3x2x3 = 7.8 (remember the maximum modifier only applies to dual purpose guns as the captain skill doesn’t affect other AA guns).
- Arpeggio Kirishima will be released in April if possible. Not earlier than that. [Remember they’re talking about the RU server so don’t get your hopes up needlessly]
- Profintern won’t be released with 0.5.4.
- Saipan will be available to good CV players through personal offers . More info on that later.