Here we are: the patch notes for 5.4. Seems like it’s going to be a relatively minor patch overall, mostly concerned with the Russian cruisers. Honestly, I’m pretty glad to be getting this one out of the way; now we’ll start getting actual information on new features like weather and the armour viewer, or even the British and German ships – but we’ll have to wait a while for any of that yet, I’m sure.
New Russian Cruisers
Nine new cruisers are welcomed to the Russian tech tree.
- Tier II Russian cruiser Novik
- Tier III Russian cruiser Bogatyr
- Tier IV Russian cruiser Svetlana
- Tier V Russian cruiser Kirov
- Tier VI Russian cruiser Budyonny
- Tier VII Russian cruiser Schors
- Tier VIII Russian cruiser Chapaev
- Tier IX Russian cruiser Dmitry Donskoy
- Tier X Russian cruiser Moskva
Radar is only available to Russian cruisers at later tiers.
- Surveillance Radar: Significantly increases the range of assured acquisition of enemy ships, including those within a smoke screen
These ships have been added to the client but are not yet available to the general public. You may, however, see them being tested on the live server!
- Tier VII US aircraft carrier Saipan
- Tier III UK destroyer Campbeltown
- Increased the hit points of a number of secondary guns and changed the calculation for how they’re damaged by HE shells and shrapnel. The guns are now roughly twice as durable
- Increased the efficiency of the AA defense manual targeting from 10% to 30%
- Fixed an issue causing the “Radar” icon to be displayed even when you were no longer detected
- Changed the sound effect for damage markers to make it less harsh
- Fixed the tooltip text for achievements that can’t be obtained in Team Battles
- Fixed an issue causing the Doubloon price of XP conversion to change mid-transaction
- Removed the Doubloons price for “Type 5” camouflage
- Iona is now the default captain of the “Arpeggio” Kirishima ship (“Arpeggio” events are not currently active for the NA server, but will commence at a later date)
- “Arpeggio” captain Yotaro has been added to the client
- Added a “test ship” to the client based on Yubari. This ship is not available to the general public and is used only for testing purposes
No radar for US cruisers? Hmm… not sure what I think about that.
Well, not quite! They get them in the next patch (5.4.1, presumably) which will be here… probably soon. That’s from the superior EU version of the patch notes; a bit of a shame on NA for missing out on that.