Today we have a huge patch notes list! There’s too many for me to go over in detail, so I’m just going to post them here as they appear on the forums. Any comments I make on patch notes will be in italics and parentheses, by the way.
Things I found particularly interesting I put in bold, so look out for those. Enjoy!
- In version 0.5.3., we add a new experimental game mode called ‘Team Battles’.
- Team Battles become available once a player has achieved Level 12 in the Service Record.
- Teams will be managed via the relevant tab in the player’s profile (“My Teams”). This tab is also accessible via a panel in the Port (“My Teams”).
- Initially, the player will be able to create one Team only (for 300,000 credits)
- After playing 10 battles in that Team, the player will be able to create a second and third Teams at a cost (at present, 300 doubloons for each subsequent Team).
- Once a Team is created, the player assumes the role of its Leader and may invite other players to join it.
- The Team will have a separate Team chat.
- A separate chat window will be available for each Team that the player is a member of.
- The name of a Team is unique. If a player creates a Team, calls it “123”, and then tries to create another one with the same name, a message will appear saying that a Team with that name already exists. The player will need to enter a different name.
- If a Team is created without a name, it will bear the name of the player who created it.
- The Team may be renamed at any time later by clicking on its name in the “My Teams” screen.
- If you skipped the naming stage when creating your Team, the first renaming instance will be available free of charge.
- Subsequently, each renaming will cost 600 Doubloons.
- The Team’s name is not released to open access even if all players leave it. The Team will retain its name even if there are no players in it.
- Absolutely all players that have achieved Level 12 in the Service Record may be invited to join the Team. To search for players, use the invitation form available in the relevant Team’s panel or your contact list.
- To invite a player, open the context menu by right-clicking on the player’s name in the contact list and select “Invite to Team”. Invitations are sent via the invitation from in the Team’s screen. To do that, click on the name of a player you wish to invite to your Team.
- The Team Leader receives a notice that a player has been invited by means of a system message. The invited player is marked with a ‘letter’ icon until he accepts or declines the invitation to join the Team.
- The invited player receives an invitation to join the Team. It contains the name of the inviting team and its Rating.
- Any member of a Team may suggest a candidate to be invited, in which case the voting process is initiated. The Leader may invite players to the Party bypassing the voting procedure. Players that have been offline for 21 days may be expelled from the Team by its Leader bypassing the voting procedure.
- Decisions on issues of key importance for the Team require a vote. Different types of voting require a different number of votes for a decision to be accepted. The required number of votes is displayed in the voting form. The time for voting is limited.
- Teams may consists of up to 10 players (seven principal plus three in the reserve). Seven players take part in a Team Battle.
- Any player may be a member of three Teams at the same time. He may also be the Leader in three of his Teams.
- The members of a particular Team will have an option to dismiss the Leader from his post.
- To do that, right-click on the Leader’s name and select “Dismiss the Leader”.
- The dismissal option will come at a cost (600 doubloons, paid by the player initiating the vote).
- The vote to dismiss the Leader is initiated.
- The dismissal of the Leader requires a unanimous vote of all participants of a given Team.
- The time for voting is limited.
- If the Leader is dismissed, he is reimbursed for part of the amount paid to hold a vote to dismiss him.
- The dismissed Leader is excluded from the Team.
- The Leader functions are transferred to the player who initiated the vote.
- The Leader may Transfer leadership at his own discretion.
- To do that, right-click on the name of a particular player within the Team and select “Transfer leadership”.
- If the Leader leaves the Team, leadership passes to the member with the longest tenure in the Team.
- Apart from that, the Leader may designate any Team member as its new Leader in the exit confirmation screen.
- Teams have Ratings. Ratings may go up and down. It is assigned after a battle and determined a Team’s place in the League. The higher the Rating, the higher the League that the Team will belong to. The number of Leagues is specified by the terms of the relevant season of Team Battles. A season may last for a predetermined number of days\weeks\months. However, battles will be fought at a specifically designated time of the day. E.g. from 12:00 till 23:00. At any other time, Team Battles will not be available.
- The Tier of ships is also designated in a Team Battles season.
- A group of seven players take part in a Team Battle at a time. To announce the recruiting for a Team Battle, press the “READY!” button in the screen of the Team that you want to enter a Team Battle with. The person who announces the recruiting becomes the group’s Commander. Invitations to join a Team Battle are sent to all members of the Team staying online at the time when the invitations are sent out. An invitation to join a Team Battle may be accepted by pressing the “Accept” button or declined by closing the invitation window. If the recruiting has already been announced, simply press the “READY” or “JOIN” button on the panel that replaces the list of the Team’s members at the time recruiting announcement time.
- Any permanent member of a Team can send that Team into Battle.
- Team Battles impose certain ship restrictions. At present, a Team may have no more than one aircraft carrier and two battleships.
- If you do not have enough Team members to enter a Team Battle, you can invite any player who has reached Level 12 in the Service Record. Even if that player is not on your Team. Mercenaries remain in the group for the entire session or until they are excluded from it by the group’s Commander or leave themselves.
- All players that have been recruited for a Team Battle press “Ready” (similar to the way they do it in Divisions). Doing so, they confirm that they are ready for battle.
- All players unwilling to join a Team but looking to enter a Team Battle have two options:
- select the “Team Battles” battle mode and press “Looking to join a Team Battle”. From then onward, the player will be displayed in the list of players awaiting an invitation to join a Team Battle,
- or simply to enter a Team Battle on a ship of appropriate Tier. In that case, the player will be randomly thrown into an understaffed Team in queue for a Team Battle.
- Teams may enter a battle at either reduced or full strength. The matchmaker will fill all understaffed Teams with mercenaries before matching them against another team, i.e. players that do not belong to any Team but can enter battle as mercenaries. A Team can only be matched against another team at full strength (fully staffed). Understaffed Teams are not matched against each other, only fully staffed Teams (7×7) can face each other.
- The minimum number of ready Team members required to proceed to matchmaking is 4 (four).
- When you shift to the Teams screen, you’ll have to read and accept certain instructional materials about Teams. It’s a number of pop-up messages with descriptions for the new functionality. Players will need to read them carefully and press the “Got it!” button.
Game interface changes:
- No more than three system messages may be displayed at the same time.
- System messages will appear in the order that will depend on their priority as well as on the tab currently accessed by the Player. All messages are saved to a log of system messages.
- Once the player leaves a battle, the state of his armament panel will be saved to keep:
- The last selected type of shell;
- Torpedo cone and the condition of AA guns\secondary armament (on or off);
- For aviation, only the condition of AA guns\secondary armament (on or off) is saved.
- Once a player enables the “Enlist me in a Division” status, the player will be able to leave a short message (up to 150 characters) describing himself and the aims he pursues in looking for a Division. These messages will be subject to the rules of in-game chat and all violations of the rules will be sanctioned.
Game Maps and Modes
- New map: Tears of the Desert
- New ports: 23 February (me: what’s this!?)
- Battle mode was changed from “Domination” to “Standard Battle” in all maps where the “Domination with 2 Key Areas” mode was present:
- Solomon Islands
- Big Race
- Fault Line
- Islands of Ice
- Two Brothers
- Northern Lights
- New Dawn
- Land of Fire
- The Atlantic
- Tears of the Desert
- On the Ocean map, the battle mode “Domination with 3 Key Areas” was added.
- Balance Corrections:
- On the Hotspot map, some islands were removed in the rear part of the map
- On the New Dawn map, height was decreased for the large island located in the “upper” teams’ part of the map
- Ranked Battles:
- In the version 5.3, the point gain in Ranked Battles was decreased for maps played in the modes with 3 Key Areas: from 9 points every 10 seconds to 3 points every 5 seconds.
- Shot sounds were improved, including those for the 5.1 surround sound
- Ship movement sounds were enhanced
- Sounds were improved for aircraft falling after being shot down
- Ship destruction sounds were enhanced
- Now the music will totally stop and resources will not be consumed when the music volume is decreased to 0
- New music tracks were added
- In version 0.5.3, a new system is introduced for protection from unsigned mods. When you install mods, you put your game client’s stability at risk.
- Various types of missions are introduced for the Arpeggio of Blue Steel modification
- Players will be able to get a ship without a Commander or a Commander without a ship as a reward for completing a mission
- An Arpeggio icon will now be displayed on the corresponding missions and challenges (in order to separate common missions and challenges from Arpeggio ones)
- When a mission is completed whose reward is an Arpeggio ship and Commander, they will only be displayed in the Arpeggio Port
- A new condition is added for completing a mission — completion of the previous missions
- It will be possible to complete missions in several battle types (except for the Introductory Mission)
- An irrevocable Star within a Rank was added.
- Players’ Ranks will now be displayed in the battle statistics window (displayed after the Tab key is pressed), and in the battle loading screen
- Tooltips were updated in the help window for the Ranks
- Appearance of Ranks displayed in the Port was unified (first the Rank as icon, then the number of the Rank)
- It will be possible to select a certain season in the Summary tab for Ranked Battles and see the statistics for this season. By default, the overall statistics for all the seasons is displayed
- Settings were modified for additional Stars issued when a new Rank is achieved in Ranked Battles
- A new matchmaker was added for low-tier battles.
- Now the novice players and veteran players will be separated.
- However if the player count in the queue for novice players is too low, then a novice player will be transferred to the usual matchmaker.
- Distribution of players into the teams was slightly improved:
- Now, after the two teams have been formed, the matchmaker will try to distribute players in such a way that teams would consist of players with approximately equal ships.
- For example, if there are two Clevelands on one team and two Aobas (both Tier VI cruisers) on another team the ships now will be “intermixed” if it is technically possible, in order to have one Cleveland and one Aoba on each team.
- Increased XP ratios:
- Hakuryu +3%
- Iowa +3%
- Montana +5%
- Hermelin +5%
- Kolberg +5%
- Karlsruhe +5%
- Yorck +5%
- Hindenburg +5%
- Ibuki +5%
- Derzki +6%
- Izyaslav +5%
- Gnevny +5%
- Ognevoi +5%
- Reduced XP ratios:
- Ranger -3%
- Zuikaku -6%
- Gearing -2%
- Isokaze -2%
- Mutsuki -4%
- Increased credits ratios:
- Hermelin +6%
- Kolberg +4%
- Karlsruhe +2%
- Königsberg +6%
- Nürnberg +6%
- Yorck +6%
- Admiral Hipper +6%
- Sampson +2%
- Nicholas +5%
- Fletcher +5%
- Gearing +8%
- Storozhevoi +10%
- Derzki +10%
- Izyaslav +10%
- Gnevny +8%
- Ognevoi +8%
- Kiev +8%
- Tashkent +8%
Launching Game Client in Safe Mode:
- Implemented launching the game client in safe mode (with mods disabled). This option is available in the launcher.
Game balance changes:
- Some Commander skills will be modified. Because of this, all players will have the possibility to redistribute skill points of Commanders for free.
- Expert Loader: skill effect was increased from -30% to -50% to reload time.
- Torpedo Armament Expertise: skill effect was increased from -10% to -20% to servicing time of torpedo bombers. Torpedo reload time modifier was not changed.
- Vigilance: skill effect was increased from +20% to +25% to the detection range of torpedoes
- Last Stand: moved to the second level of skills, into the Special Skills column
- Jack of All Trades: now provides -15% to reload time of consumables
- Advanced Firing Training, Basic Firing Training, and Expert Marksman: caliber of low-caliber guns affected by these skills is now limited to 139 mm.
- Last Chance: used to be -9% to reload time of all types of armament if the ship’s HP is less than 20%; now is -30% to reload time of all types of armament if the ship’s HP is less than 10%.
- The Basic Firing Training and Advanced Firing Training skills will now affect all secondary battery guns regardless of their caliber.
- Preventive Maintenance: skill effect was increased from -34% to -50% to the risk of incapacitation of modules.
- The following skills were added:
- Manual Fire Control for Secondary Armament: secondary guns open fire only at targets designated by the player. This way, the fire efficiency is significantly increased. -15% to the maximum dispersion of secondary armament shells for Tier I-VI ships; -60% to the maximum dispersion of secondary armament shells for Tier VII-Х ships.
- Manual Fire Control for AA Armament: Significantly improves the efficiency of large caliber AA guns fire at a designated target. +100% to the efficiency of AA artillery with a caliber of >85 mm when a priority target is set for AA guns
- Survivability Expert: Increases maximum amount of HP. + 400 hit points for each tier of the ship
- Torpedo acceleration: Increases the speed of torpedoes launched from ships and aircraft at the expense of a reduction in their travel distance. +5 knots to torpedo speed; -20% to the torpedo travel distance
- New consumable named “Torpedo reload booster” was added. When this consumable is activated and the torpedo tubes are being reloaded, the reload time of torpedo tubes is reduced to the value specified for each type of the consumable.
- Fixed the situation when the guns incapacitated in the result of the magazine incapacitation remain inoperative until the end of the battle (me: does this mean main guns can no longer be knocked out permanently?)
- Yamato: The efficiency of the Repair Party consumable was reduced by 33%. Now, the efficiency of this consumable for Yamato is the same as for the rest of battleships
- Mikhail Kutuzov:
- rate of fire increased (from 6.75 to 7.5 rounds/min)
- firing range increased (from 15910 m to 19100 m)
- turret traverse speed increased (from 5.4 degrees per second to 7.2 degrees per second)
- A different detection device is used: a portable range finder (with 0.8 m distance between optical axes) mounted on her crow’s nest.
- Firing range was extended from 6350 m to 8470 m.
- Viewing distance was increased from 8200 m to 13180 m.
- Farragut: hull B was changed from AA defense-focused to standard artillery-focused hull. The number of AA guns was reduced, while one main gun was returned (5 main guns in total now)
- Reworked AA defense and aircraft
- Revised Tech-trees of aircraft
- Reworked the AA armament efficiency (efficiency of AA guns at long-range distance was significantly improved, other AA guns were revised as well)
- Gain in efficiency enjoyed by the player when setting a priority target was reduced by 12% (now, the intensification factor is x1.1)
- Defensive Fire consumable effect was reduced by 33% (now, the AA armament boost is x4 when the Defensive Fire consumable is activated )
- When the Defensive Fire consumable is activated, both dual-purpose guns and large-caliber automatic AA guns will be affected by it.
- For assault setups of Midway and Essex aircraft carriers, one squadron of torpedo bombers was replaced with one squadron of dive bombers
- One squadron of fighters was removed from Lexington aircraft carrier default setup
Changes game achievements:
- added initial achievements that can be received only once
|Title||Earning conditions||Reward for earning|
|Destroy an enemy ship by setting her on fire||None|
|Destroy an enemy ship by flooding||None|
|Destroy an enemy ship by ramming||None|
|Destroy an enemy ship by causing damage to her magazine resulting in its detonation||None|
|Capture the enemy base||None|
Basics of weapons
|Cause 1,000,000 HP of damage to enemy ships||None|
|Junior Naval Designer||Research a new ship||None|
|Naval Constructor||Research 10 ships||None|
|Chief Naval Architect||Research 50 ships||None|
|Initial Capital||Earn 5,000,000 credits||None|
|Stream of coins||Earn 20,000,000 credits||None|
|Profitable business||Earn 100,000,000 credits||None|
|A day without adventure is a wasted one||Complete at least 1 daily mission per day for 5 days in a row||None|
|In the thick of things||Complete 5 daily missions||None|
|Nonstop||Complete 50 daily missions||None|
|Fully armed||Complete 100 daily missions||None|
|Amateur||For 10 victories in random battles||None|
|Warrior||For 50 victories in random battles||None|
|Veteran||For 100 victories in random battles||None|
|Battle Hero||Earn any 10 Battle Hero achievements||None|
|Legend of the Seas||Earn any 50 Battle Hero achievements||None|
|Bane of the Oceans||Earn any 100 Battle Hero achievements||None|
- Changed the earning conditions for several existing achievements:
- All downed aircraft are accounted for earning the Clear Sky achievement, regardless of the player setting them as priority targets of not.
- Close Quarters Expert is now awarded only if the final direct damage was caused by the secondary battery guns.
These might (probably will, actually) change during the public test and before patch 5.3 is released to the main servers.